Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Beginnings

My pregnancy was one of the most exciting and terrifying experiences I have ever been through.  I only wish I had started this blog from the moment I found out I was pregnant.  I overall enjoyed being pregnant, unlike most women.  I felt connected to this wonderful being inside me, and that helped me through the rough times.  I couldn't wait for our due date to come so we could meet Fiona for the first time.  Little did I know, we would get that chance sooner than anticipated.

We had a scheduled induction on July 8th, which required us to arrive and begin the evening before.  We arrived to the hospital and checked in to our room to begin the process.  Through that night and most of the next day, we attempted to have her naturally.  I was manually dilated and given Pitocin but the labor wasn't progressing on its own.  We finally agreed to have a cesarean and Fiona Dae McNeil was born at 6:30 pm. 


The next few days at the hospital were a blur with nurses coming in around the clock to check vitals.  It holds true that you do not get rest at the hospital.  If it wasn't nurses waking us up, it was the nursery to check on Fiona.  We opted to have her stay in the room with us instead of the nursery.  We waited so long to hold her that we wanted her in the room.  I am glad we chose this because it gave us experience caring for her first hand while we had the nurse staff to assist if needed.

We are so thankful for the friends and family that came to visit during our stay at the hospital.  The distraction was greatly appreciated.  Michael and I both would have gone crazy otherwise.  =) 

I am excited to share more as we grow as a family and experience many firsts and new beginnings.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment