Saturday, March 22, 2014

Organized junk drawer

I tackled one of our junk drawers a few weeks ago.  Yes, that was plural, we have two.   One drawer is mostly manuals to electronics, random tools, and odds and ends.  This one was craft supplies.  The drawer was a huge unorganized mess with everything mixed together.  You could reach in looking for a pen and come out with a safety pin stuck to your finger.    
Now, it is organized and kid friendly.  I have waited to see if the kids would maintain it, and they have!  I used plastic bin organizers to keep everything sorted. 


Yes, there are actually sharpies in the drawer the kids use.. I may be asking for it, but they don't take markers or crayons without asking.  It hasn't been an issue yet, but if so, I'll have a reason to blog about removing sharpie off random things.. 

Happy Organizing!

No comments:

Post a Comment